CV Question

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

CV Question

by homsian » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 am
Hello,

I have two questions regarding writing my resume for my MBA application.

1. Should I include my address at the top of the resume? I have received mixed answers regarding this questions. Some say "yes" because your application resume should be no different from your actual essay. Other say "no" because the admission committie should already have that information on file. The space gained by omitting my address could be used for other verbiage.

2. Should I include personal interests on the resume? I have received mixed answers regarding this question as well. Some say "yes" so that it gives the interviewer more to talk about during the interview. Others say "no" since a resume should not contain 'personal' information.

What are your thoughts?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:18 pm
Your resume should include your address because it will not always be viewed in conjunction with your application. Often, interviewers will have your resume but not the rest of your application in front of them. Typically, resumes should follow the standard, one-page format highlighting education, experience, and additional information. Additional information can include special skills, interests, hobbies, and/or community involvement. Finally, most schools have a standard resume format. You might be able to find it via a google search.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options