Request for Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Profile Evaluation

by ShrutiSreekanth » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:57 am
Hello

I am 27-year-old Female with 69 months of experience. This includes 18 months as Industrial Engineer in USA and remaining in a manufacturing startup in India. I have a GMAt score of 680 (Quant=48, Verbal=34 and AWA=5).

B. Tech Civil Engineering from VNIT --> 7.8 GPA
12th CBSE --> 90.4%
10th CBSE --> 93.4%

I want to apply to NUS-MBA this year. Do I need to retake GMAT to get into this school? What other schools would be safe for me?

Thank you
Shruti

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:47 pm
Hi Shruti,

Thank you for posting your profile.

Your GMAT score would be competitive for NUS, you will need to work on your essays and application package to communicate a strong work experience, while highlighting your personal qualities, and how an MBA from your target program would help you achieve your goals.

WIsh you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:50 pm
Hi Shruti,

Thank you for posting your profile.

Your GMAT score would be competitive for NUS, you will need to work on your essays and application package to communicate a strong work experience, while highlighting your personal qualities, and how an MBA from your target program would help you achieve your goals.

WIsh you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:48 am
ShrutiSreekanth wrote:Hello

I am 27-year-old Female with 69 months of experience. This includes 18 months as Industrial Engineer in USA and remaining in a manufacturing startup in India. I have a GMAt score of 680 (Quant=48, Verbal=34 and AWA=5).

B. Tech Civil Engineering from VNIT --> 7.8 GPA
12th CBSE --> 90.4%
10th CBSE --> 93.4%

I want to apply to NUS-MBA this year. Do I need to retake GMAT to get into this school? What other schools would be safe for me?

Thank you
Shruti
Hi Shruti,

You have decent GMAT and diverse work experience, it is good that you have international exposure as well. You have fair chances for NUS if you come up with strong essays and application. You need to give more time for application rather than focusing on GMAT retake. Other safe schools for you could be Singapore Management University, CUHK. Are you only focusing Asia pacific region? You can also consider trying our B-School selector tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/EesU44

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]