GMAT in a week!! Any last minute tips please!!

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
Hi Experts,

I have my GMAT scheduled on 12th Oct. So I have just a week left. Last few mocks I gave , below is the score
GMAT 1 - 680(Q48, V 35)
GMAT 2- 700(Q49, V 35)
GMAT 3 - 700(Q49, V 36)
I want to get atleast 700+ but I make several silly mistakes in Quants and always end up getting 12 Questions wrong.
I have GMAT 4 to give this week. Please let me know what all should I do this week and how can I minimise my errors.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:36 am
Hi prachi18oct,

You've identified the real problem and I'll bet that it affects how you handle the Verbal section too: silly mistakes.

So, WHY are you making these silly mistakes? Do some real analysis here...
Are you misreading questions?
Reading too fast?
Not taking enough notes?
Incorrectly doing math in your head?
On Verbal questions....Narrowing it down to two choices but still getting the question wrong?
Is it a fatigue issue?

At your current scoring level, the GMAT becomes really "sensitive" to little mistakes, so you cannot afford to be making them. Usually, the way to combat silly mistakes is to take more notes, stay organized, label your work, etc. Don't do anything that might even allow for a little mistake to occur.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by BestGMATEliza » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 am
Do you have extra time at the end of the quant section? This would be a good sign that you should work more slowly to avoid making these silly mistakes. In general, it might be beneficial to slow down to make sure that you avoid those silly mistakes might be good. A few guesses at the end without sill mistakes will likely yield a better score than 12 incorrect answers because of silly mistakes. I think it would be beneficial to take more practice tests and play around with your pacing. Try slowing down and see how it affects your score.
Eliza Chute
Best GMAT Prep Courses
GMAT course comparison and reviews
Your one stop for all your GMAT studying needs!