Low GMAT score advice needed

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Low GMAT score advice needed

by gaurav_gaur » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi All,
Do I stand a chance with below profile
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 640.

Indian IT male

Work Exp: 6.5+ Years

Post MBA: Looking to boost up my profile and enhance my career choices. Looking for Management Information Systems or General management

Target Schools: University of Texas, Austin-Red McComb, University of Toronto - Rotman, RICE university

Extracurricular: Average

Can some one please guide me.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:43 am
Hi Gaurav,

You have decent profile with solid work experience and average GMAT. I guess McCombs will be a stretch school for you and Rice university and Rotman are realistic schools for you, the next step for you is to build solid applications. You should apply to minimum 5 schools to increase your chances, you can also consider applying to schools like Texas A&M, SMU Cox, UT Dallas if you are particular about applying in Texas. To Gauge your chances for top B-schools please try this tool https://goo.gl/11s5zu

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
gaurav_gaur wrote:Hi All,
Do I stand a chance with below profile
I recently gave my GMAT and scored 640.

Indian IT male

Work Exp: 6.5+ Years

Post MBA: Looking to boost up my profile and enhance my career choices. Looking for Management Information Systems or General management

Target Schools: University of Texas, Austin-Red McComb, University of Toronto - Rotman, RICE university

Extracurricular: Average

Can some one please guide me.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gaurav_gaur » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 am
thanks a lot...

Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:54 am
Hi Gaurav,

Hope my reply was helpful in deciding the right set of schools. Let me know in case you need any help with applications.

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
gaurav_gaur wrote:thanks a lot...

Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:01 am
Hi Gaurav,
For most MBA programs, your GMAT score accounts for about 20% of the admission decision (some top schools place less emphasis on this test). Your GMAT score gives schools information about an applicant's analytical abilities, but you can get into top MBA programs with a low GMAT score. Watch this video to learn how: https://www.aringo.com/top_MBA_with_low_gmat.htm

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by AdmitPitch » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:17 am
Hi Gaurav:

As long as you are in the ball park range of 20% of the class average, you should be fine. In addition to GMAT, what is important is to admissions process is your pitch (story why schools should look at your profile), what makes you unique - career plan, leadership/team skills, why MBA now, why specific business school? If you can convince on some of these important aspects, you have a good chance at some of the names you mentioned.

Applying to leading business schools is a fairly time consuming effort. It requires efforts to selecting the right schools and developing pitch which helps you stand out from the crowd. You need a consultant who can understand your profile and offer personalized perspective to help you succeed.

Admitpitch is a Bangalore based leading MBA consulting firm which provides unbiased views. We are a team of MBAs from top 40 business schools from US and Asia. Do reach out to us for a free profile assessment or any queries related to MBA admissions, do email us at [email protected]
Admit Pitch,
MBA Admission Consultants
https://www.admitpitch.com/
US | UK | China | India
Schedule a 60 minute free assessment, send your resume at [email protected]
We do offer flexi-payment options