reg. GMAT Review and Quant Guide - new editions

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Dear All,

Good morning.
I needed your advice on the purchase of The Official Guide - GMAT review - 2015 and The Official Guide - GMAT Quantitative review - 2015.

One the mba.com website, under the detailed description section for both the books, it says:
Content in The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2015 is the same as the content in the 2nd Edition. The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2015 offers new video content and access to the NEW online section of the book, but no new questions.

My queries are:-
o Do both the new version of the above books - not contain any new questions? - Since I already have both the Quant guide - 2nd edition (*my own copy) and the GMAT review - 13th edition - given by the Institute itself, I want to know if there are any new questions. Only then, it makes sense for me to buy the new books.

Let me know your thoughts please....

Reg

Roopa
Hyderabad, India

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:07 am
Hello, Reg! Thanks for giving us the chance to answer this question. The new OG2015 does not contain any new questions. It does come with an online feature that allows you to create customized question sets. Many students also find it helpful to answer GMAT practice questions in an online format to mimic the conditions of the real exam. The new edition also contains videos with test-taking tips and strategies from real GMAT tests-takers as well as from Larry Rudner, our chief psychometrician.

However, if you are only looking for more practice questions, you may want to take a look at some of our other online study products such as the GMATPrep Question Pack: https://www.mba.com/store/product-info.a ... ID=80.0027.

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!