can i get an admission in good b school

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have completed my engineering graduation in 2008 and i joined in banking sector (public sector bank) in 2009. But i am in clerical department and i rejected promotion 3 times due to some family problems. Eventhough i rejected promotion, i got a good reputation in my bank and in clients also as i am very good at work and i have also cleared 2 banking courses. Now i want a good career.So if i seriously try for gmat, can i get an admission with good b schools.

Legendary Member
Followed by:24 members

by GMATinsight » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:10 pm
The answer to your Question is "YES" You can expect call from good universities. Government job is much appreciated when you apply for B-Schools.

But you have to get good score in GMAT (min Target 680+) and then write an impressive application.

All the Best!!!
"GMATinsight"Bhoopendra Singh & Sushma Jha
Most Comprehensive and Affordable Video Course 2000+ CONCEPT Videos and Video Solutions
Whatsapp/Mobile: +91-9999687183 l [email protected]
Contact for One-on-One FREE ONLINE DEMO Class Call/e-mail
Most Efficient and affordable One-On-One Private tutoring fee - US$40-50 per hour

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:04 am
Hi sasikiranpeddiraju,

The application process to Business School is several "pieces", including the GMAT. If you plan on applying to a highly-ranked and highly-competitive program, then the process becomes even more complex. As an example, Harvard typically accepts about 10% of the applicants to its MBA program, even though most (if not all) of the applicants were amazing applicants. This means that there's far more to the process than just a good GMAT score. You'll have to work to make sure that you have a strong overall application AND that you "sell yourself" correctly.

For now, the focus should be on the GMAT. It's usually best (if possible) to approach one piece of the process at a time. I suggest that you start by thinking about what schools you'd be interested in applying to, then do some research into application deadlines, admissions requirements, average GMAT Scores, etc. This will help you to set your own expectations and put together a timeline/plan. Once you have defined some of those details, then you should start with the GMAT.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am
sasikiranpeddiraju wrote:I have completed my engineering graduation in 2008 and i joined in banking sector (public sector bank) in 2009. But i am in clerical department and i rejected promotion 3 times due to some family problems. Eventhough i rejected promotion, i got a good reputation in my bank and in clients also as i am very good at work and i have also cleared 2 banking courses. Now i want a good career.So if i seriously try for gmat, can i get an admission with good b schools.
Hello, sasikiranpeddiraju! It sounds like you have a solid career path and a good reason to want to go to business school. So that is great news! Your GMAT exam score is one of many factors schools consider in admissions, but you are correct that a strong score will bolster your application.

You may want to re-post this question to one of the admissions forum threads on Beat the GMAT. This forum is to ask questions to GMAC, the makers of the GMAT exam and, unfortuantely, we cannot advise on admissions strategy specifically. Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!