Stuck at 610!

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stuck at 610!

by ahmedzunaid84 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on this website. I would like to thank the person that came up with the 60 day study plan. I would like to give a short intro to my journey so far. I started preparing for this test in late March of this year. I started studying the Manhattan series for both verbal and quant. Then I quickly realized that I needed a study plan to tackle this hectic test. I followed the 60 day plan. My performance in the quant from the beginning was quite solid. My verbal was not so good. During the study plan I missed to practice the reading comprehension part and did not practice from the official guide.
After following the study plan I took the official software test I scored a 610 (quant:44, verbal:30), after that I took the second test after two weeks and scored a 600 (quant:44, verbal:29). I retook the one of tests after a month and got a 570 (quant:47, verbal:21). This score totally shocked me and I became very disheartened. The most number of mistakes were in critical reasoning and reading comprehension.
I have the paper gmat tests and started to take these about a week ago. so far I took three of them, all in timed condition and following are the scores in these three tests:
1st test: 620 (Q: 47, V:28)
2nd test: 570 (Q;43, V:24)
3rd test: 610 (Q;46, V:27).
I am really really disappointed with my performance in the verbal section. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what to do to increase my score in the reading and critical reasoning section. I would like to mention that for critical reasoning I did read the Critical reasoning Bible, however, I did not really read anything for the reading comprehension section.
I want to take the test in October, and desperately need at least a 650. Please feel free to give me any suggestion to increase my score. Can someone please tell me how likely is it to increase 40 points given these few weeks at hand.
I appreciate any feedback and suggestion.
Thank you.
Kazi

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 am
Hello, ahmedzunaid84. We saw your question on your other post, so we answered it there. Good luck!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!