This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

2 attempts ... now for the 3rd

by mgasset » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 am
Dear all,

I feel pretty bad. I took the test 2 times and i got the same score:
- 1st att 13 Nov 2012: 530 V: 26 Q: 38
- 2nd att 24 Jan 2013: 530 V 29 Q:35
In both tests I got very anxious on the verbal section, i don´t know why and never happened to me, but it was like if i wasn´t reading at all. It never happened on the practice test. On the Quant section I got very nervous but wasn´t the same feeling.
A bit about myself: I am 29 years old from Spain. I study a combined degree in Law and a Ms in Finance in Madrid, i worked in Ny for a Bank for three years and now I am working in Madrid for the Investment Banking team for the same bank. I decides to take a gmat to do an MBA, but it is overwhelming me, and i am starting to think that I wont be able beat it. My job is pretty demanding and I have little time during the day to study.

I am exhausted, and sometimes I would like to quit, but i am not a f***ng quitter ..
I need some advice to prepare for the exam again, to control my anxiety and to overcome the exam

Thank you in advance

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:143 members

by Kasia@EconomistGMAT » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am
hi mgasset,

and could you give more details concerning your preparation? what resources did you use and how much time before the exam did you start?
Kasia
Senior Instructor
Master GMAT - the #1 rated GMAT course

"¢ If you found my post helpful, please click the "thank" button and/or follow me.

"¢ Take a 7 day free trial and find out why Economist GMAT is the highest rated GMAT course - https://gmat.economist.com/

"¢ Read GMAT Economist reviews - https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/economis ... mat-course

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mgasset » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am
Thank you,

I started to study in June, i took a general prep course, then I studied on the weekends doing exercises of the OG 2013. I took 2 week vacation on August to study and did my first test Gmatprep 440, I was astonished.

On September i didn´t study much and start to take quant lessons with a teacher here in Madrid...
before the test i got a Power Prep 560 and Gmat prep 2012: 650. Then I took my first attempt

After the exam I took 3 week off and retake my study after Christmas, I did the Gmat OG Verbal review and keep practicing math. Took Manhattan 1 & 2 and got 620 and 610, took my second attempt.

I study 1,30 h on my lunch time and from 21.00- 23.00 every day and 8h day in the weekends. After the second attempt i reviewed all the Quant basics and the grammar.

I took Gmat prep 1 last Saturday and got a 660...

Thank you