First Mock Test : Terrible!!!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

First Mock Test : Terrible!!!

by sarangjn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 am
I wrote my first mock test today (GMAT prep). It was terrible. I just got a 560. Quant 45 - 71 percentile. Verbal 23 -29th percentile.

My biggest problem was that I had a huge time management issue.

In IR, I could solve 11 questions. Out of which I had to rush the last 3 questions (all 3 were wrong). I got 6 Correct. 5 wrong. And 1 un-attempted.
I don't think the questions were tough. I just panicked as I had spent way to much time on the initial questions.

In Quant, I could only attempt 32 questions. Here I got 12 questions wrong. Most of the questions that I got wrong were towards the end. When I went back to review them, there were many silly mistakes. Again, I had to rush the last few questions, due to time constraint.

In Verbal, I could just attempt 33 Questions. Here I got almost half my questions wrong (16 wrong). I personally think that I need to give a lot more focus on verbal (especially SC), as i felt that my preparation weren't good enough.

Prior to writing my mock, I went through the concepts and did a few problems from all topics. Though, I never checked the time i took to solve any question.

I am depressed about this score. Could someone please tell me how to go forward from here. And what is my realistic chance of getting a 700+ score on my actual GMAT?

I am planning to write my GMAT in another 2 month's time. I can easily put in 3 hours a day and a lot more on weekends!

Please Help!!

Thanks in advance!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:143 members

by Kasia@EconomistGMAT » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 am
hi sarangjn,

Could you give more details concerning your preparation? Have you already used the materials that you mention while preparing to the last test in December?
Kasia
Senior Instructor
Master GMAT - the #1 rated GMAT course

"¢ If you found my post helpful, please click the "thank" button and/or follow me.

"¢ Take a 7 day free trial and find out why Economist GMAT is the highest rated GMAT course - https://gmat.economist.com/

"¢ Read GMAT Economist reviews - https://reviews.beatthegmat.com/economis ... mat-course