In many communities, expanded and improved

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:12 members
In many communities, expanded and improved neighborhood watch programs have helped reduce the crime rate by sending a message to potential criminals that illegal activities will not go unnoticed. Studies have shown that the more that these watch programs patrol, the more crime is reduced. In some of these communities, a commitment by the local police department to provide funding and training for neighborhood watch programs has helped these programs to attract many new participants and patrol more areas for longer periods of time.
Which of the following can be correctly inferred from the statements above?

a) Cities that have high community involvement will always have low levels of crime.
b) City councils that decrease overall police department budgets run a high risk of increased crime levels in their community.
c) Without strong support from their local police departments, neighborhood watch programs can never reduce crime rates successfully.
d) Some police forces have reduced crime in their communities by providing funds to neighborhood watch programs and assigning officers to train watch leaders.
e) The best neighborhood watch programs are run by retired police officers.

KAPLAN; OA-D; Do you think ASSIGNING OFFICERS...WATCH LEADERS is infer-able?

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aditya8062 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:18 am
well i picked up D and i think out of all the option only D is the best bet. As for ur doubt .i quote from the passage: In some of these communities, a commitment by the local police department to provide funding and training for neighborhood watch programs .when local police is providing training then obviously someone is definitely doing that training