Creative Resume in Application?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Creative Resume in Application?

by DvdBonan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice on resumes. I recently was reading an article showing some creative resumes and personally, I thought that a creative resume would really help me stand out. If they are only spending a few seconds on a resume, what would you rather look at - a plain text boring Word doc or an upbeat artistic poster defining who you are? I think that the latter would definitely grab my attention if I were a admission officer.

I am just looking for thoughts on if this is a suitable approach to the resume portion of the application.

Just to show you an example of what I am thinking of, this is one of the resumes that caught my eye
https://www.behance.net/gallery/Resume-Infograph/3362685

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by pscher31 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 am
While I agree that it's important to stand out and do something that sets yourself apart from the rest of the pack. You should take into consideration the "culture" of the schools you are applying to. Some more straight laced programs may view (what you think is an awesome and exciting resume) as childish and unprofessional. But, on the other hand if the program is progressive they may welcome the innovation and fun that you bring to the process. IMO I think its cool stuff!