difficulties in 700-800 level questions- MGMAT

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi Friends,
I have enrolled in the test series of Manhattan GMAT. One consistent feature in my SC solving is that most of the 700-800 level questions get wrong, although the lower ones go smooth.

Can u guyz help me to clarify as to what to practice to improve the difficult ones.
I have my GMAT next week.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by dentobizz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:21 am
Hi,
well since you have your test next week , I won't advice you to study/ memorize any new material because even though you might learn something new you may not be able to apply it under timed conditions in such a short time.
If you analyse your Mgmt mocks I am sure there will be a pattern to the questions you get wrong, they could be from the same topic/s or your making the same mistake in that you are unable to recognize subtle changes in meaning or modifier placement, etc.
Please try to find that and work on those questions ie reviewing the concepts again if need be and finding out why did you find the incorrect answers appealing, what logic are you missing etc.
Most commonly tested topics in SC are meaning, parallelism , S-V agreement,and modifiers. This week should be dedicated to a over all review and only official problems. All the best.