General exam question

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

General exam question

by jazzwillbe » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:25 pm
Hello all,
I have a few questions on the exam format. Hope you experienced guys can help me here....

1) Is it always necessary, that the order in the test is a) Issue AWA b) Argument AWA c) Quants d) Verbal

2) How many questions per section are experimental ?

3) Years ago when I took the GRE, I had a few practice questions before the actual test, just to get used to the mouse clicking.....Does the GMAT have this

4) Upto how many universities can we report the score to?

5) In GRE there used to be a way where you can go online and look at the number of mistakes you had made. Is there a provision in GMAT like this.

6) How many minutes break do we get between AWA's and sections.

I would appreciate answers to these questions.

Thanks in advance

J

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: General exam question

by aim-wsc » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:47 pm
jazzwillbe wrote:Hello all,
I have a few questions on the exam format. Hope you experienced guys can help me here....

1) Is it always necessary, that the order in the test is a) Issue AWA b) Argument AWA c) Quants d) Verbal

2) How many questions per section are experimental ?

3) Years ago when I took the GRE, I had a few practice questions before the actual test, just to get used to the mouse clicking.....Does the GMAT have this

4) Upto how many universities can we report the score to?

5) In GRE there used to be a way where you can go online and look at the number of mistakes you had made. Is there a provision in GMAT like this.

6) How many minutes break do we get between AWA's and sections.

I would appreciate answers to these questions.

Thanks in advance

J
Welcome to the forums "J"
Oh thats neat.
thanks to the numbers I will try to answer referring to the numbers.

1) YES

2) ~25% I dont remember now. the exact fig but approx: 29V & 28Q questions are real out of 41V & 37V

3) NO (at least i dont know)

4) Five. during GMAT test. they are free. for every next university you have to pay to GMAC. ~30$

5)NO

6) TEN MINUTES

I expect some REAL reply from other members too.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:34 pm
Agree with your answers! And to clarify: you won't get actual practice questions at the beginning, but you do get a little tutorial that shows you how you're supposed to navigate the test, answer questions, etc. (You can choose to skip the tutorial if you don't want to do it - it takes about 5 minutes.)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me