Profile Evaluation - interesting case!

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation - interesting case!

by KaranTiwari » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 pm
Hello,

I am a recent grad from Murray State University with BS in Finance and a CGPA of 3.54/4. I also hold an Associates degree in Hotel Management from India (not a top school) and also have around 2.5 years work experience in the field of hospitality in India. I have worked with J W Marriott hotels and Jet Airways. I have not taken my GMAT yet but expect to score between 550-600 in the exam. I have also been volunteering at a non-profit organisation for a few months now. I have also been briefly involved with some other associations in undergrad school.

I have not followed a traditional academic or professional path so far (Associates degree followed by 2.5 yrs of work ex followed by BS degree) which makes my case different and complicated. I am now looking to pursue MBA in the field of Finance. Any idea what kind of MBA schools am I likely to get accepted in (with examples)? Your inputs will be much appreciated.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 am
Hi KaranTiwari,

Thanks for posting. Have you considered studying more for the GMAT? A score of a 700 could greatly improve your chances of acceptance into MBA programs. Your highest score is self-reported on your application, so admissions teams will focus on your best score.

Here is some free GMAT advice: https://www.stacyblackman.com/gmat-files/

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me