Texas A&M (Mays) or Tulane (Freeman) PMBA Program?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I've been accepted to both Texas A&M (Mays) and Tulane (Freeman) PMBA Programs here in Houston. I received my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M so I thought it would be beneficial to diversify and get my Masters from a different university.

Additionally, Tulane has been offering their PMBA program for about 10 years in Houston while I would be in the inaugural Texas A&M program. Cost wise, they are almost the same (Tulane is only slightly more). Tulane is a 56 credit hour program while A&M is a 48 hour program and both are 2 years in duration. I am leaning more towards Tulane, but which school would you choose and why?

I am really struggling with this decision and and help would be much appreciated!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm
Hi flat_syx,

The best step you can take right now to talk to current students, alumni, and the career centers at each school. The more data points you can gather the best you end decision will be. Specifically, if you are interested in working for a particular company, I recommend speaking to the career centers to see if that company recruits there.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by flat_syx » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Thanks for the nice reply. I am more comfortable choosing an established program versus a brand new program. Both are great schools and I wouldn't trade my undergraduate years at Texas A&M for anything, but I think diversifying and getting my graduate degree from Tulane would offer exposure to companies that recruit at both schools and to the alumni network of both schools.