GMAT QUANT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT QUANT

by Suman_sourav » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 pm
Hi everyone,

I have my GMAT scheduled on 25th of Feb. I have less than one month left and I am taking many practice tests like MANHATTAN , KAPLAN and GMATPrep. I am scoring decently in many of them, however, the quant section gives me a lot of trouble.

The Manhattan GMAT quant tends to be quite tough though I am scoring at least 46-47 in many practice tests. I wish to know whether these quant questions represent the actual GMAT toughness,or are they somehow more difficult than the actual deal??

Please do reply soon.

Thanks in advance.. :? :?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:40 am
More difficult is somewhat of a relative thing. I would say that these exams tend to focus more on some of the difficult combination, permutation, and probability questions than do the actual exam. Are they more difficult exams overall? Tough to say. If these disciplines are tough for you then yes. However, the GMAT itself tends to have some very difficult problems itself.

Overall, they are quality representations of the exam. The best representations however are the 2 tests from the GMAC. Also, don't stress too much on individual exam results. Your focus should be to continue to fill in any gaps in your knowledge base as you come across more weaknesses.

Good luck, sounds like you are on the right track.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review