calculation mistakes to maintain speed ...is killing me...

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hi there,

I did 4 Manhattan CATs so far and I am scroring between 44-46.
I get 14-15 questions wrong. The thing that makes me worry is, when I go back and review, I find that out 15 questions that I got wrong , I can do atleast 10 questions correctly with in 2 mins.

I overlook or do some simple calculation mistakes to maintain speed. How do I overcome this?

I am having sleep less nights because of this.

Can you please advise.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm
Hello achieve_dream,

Firstly we would say that stay positive and such anxieties are common during exam preparation
time. Juggling between work and studies is tough so you need to define a significant time for your
GMAT preparation. Sometimes taking few days off work for preparing for the GMAT can help a
person tremendously. If you have time this may not be a bad idea. Take practise GMAT tests to see
how you are doing. If you cannot do that don't worry. What might work instead is to set aside 1-
2 hours at night on weekdays and major part of your weekend to study and prepare for GMAT-
in this case we will suggest a good 2-3 months preparation. However we recommend you to keep
taking practise tests to gauge your performance. It will help you in identifying your weak areas
and you can focus on them accordingly. You might be able to study more than the given hours and
that would take you less than 2-3 months. It all depends on your potential really.

There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. You might need to change your
practise style and try this combination to provide you flexibility and different styles to practise so
it doesn't get monotonous.