Profile evaluation GMAT 620...help needed urgently...

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi...I am an SAP consultant from IBM with close to 4 years of experience...I have a GMAT score of 620...quant 41 , verbal 34 and awa 6....

My work experience is related to technical consulting with clients all over the world ...mainly offshore work...so haven't travelled abroad....

I am interested in applying to

1. NUS Singapore
2. NTU Singapore
3. Kelley school of business
4. Fuqua school of business
5. Hec Paris
6. London business school

How realistic am I being in thinking of applying to these schools? Please suggest some more good colleges in US based on my score and profile?

Assistance will be very much appreciated....

Thanks,

Rahul

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:37 pm
Dear Rahul,

Your current target list is great programs, but these are reach programs for you based on the minimal information included in your post. You have common experience and education in the global MBA applicant pool, so finding a way to distinguish your application from the competition will be key to your success. I encourage you to rethink your list, perhaps trade out some of these schools for more reasonable schools where your GMAT is closer to the average. For tips on identifying other programs, please read our sticky on school selection.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Rahul G R » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 am
Thanks a lot for ur response..You advice is highly appreciated and valuable..

I agree that i do not fall into the average GMAT scores which these schools accept...But my aim is to study from a reputed college so that i have the brand name behind me to back me up for the rest of my life..Its my childhood dream to study in the top universities..

I have some key points with which i can highlight in my profile...for example..I am a basketball player and have represented my school, college and university for eight years..I have won many national and state ranks for maths and science talent examination...etc etc..i have also completed professional certifications like six sigma, business analysis which were outside of the scope of my regular work...

If not these colleges, which other colleges would you suggest me to look into...Please help me this as i am really confused whether to go ahead with my applications or to retake the GMAT...