Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:700

Resume queries

by mirantdon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 am
Hello

I am new to the application playground ,and I am still learning to deal with the different facets of it and the impact generated. Recently, I had to submit a resume for the application to one of the B schools. However, when I was goin through the sample resumes, I found that most of the resumes had quantitative backing behind each of the claims i.e , few of them had talked about the profitability generated , manhours reduced - all of which backed by solid numerical data. But, in my case, since I am a design engineer working with a shipbuilding unit, it is extremely difficult for me to quantify my achievements in terms of an numerical data.
In this scenario, can you ppl please chip in with your responses.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I agree, it's not always easy or possible to use numerical data to support one's role on a resume. However, you do want to find ways to emphasize the impact your role has - whether that be on the company, the customer or even just your team. I've worked with plenty of engineers over the years and we are always able to find a way to convey impact - I'm sure you can too.

Please feel free to send your resume to [email protected] for a free profile assessment as well as feedback on your resume.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.