How Long Are you Spending on the 60-DAY Program Per Day?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:640
I am curious to learn how much time people are spending per day on the 60-day program. Even though I have taken the GMAT before, I can easily reach the 4 hour mark each day, especially because I am using the MANHATTAN GMAT guides, which include a lot of additional exercises. I have needed to prioritize my time in order not to fall behind! I would like to hear about how other people are managing the workload.

Thanks,
GMAT Warrior

by chamisool » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 pm
rperezgmat wrote:I am curious to learn how much time people are spending per day on the 60-day program. Even though I have taken the GMAT before, I can easily reach the 4 hour mark each day, especially because I am using the MANHATTAN GMAT guides, which include a lot of additional exercises. I have needed to prioritize my time in order not to fall behind! I would like to hear about how other people are managing the workload.

Thanks,
im spending around 3-4 hours a day, and even studying daily, im behind by 2-3 days.

by rperezgmat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 am
Yeah, I can see how easily it is to fall behind. This is not my first time preparing for the GMAT, and I know many of the concepts already. And still, I find the program to be very demanding in terms of time. However, toward the end of the Math Section (Days 17 onward), things seem to lighten up a bit.
GMAT Warrior

by chamisool » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:01 am
So I guess most people end up falling behind when they use the 60 day study plan. I was keeping up for the first week or so but then I realized I was rushing through to keep up with the study guide and not really thoroughly reviewing the questions afterwards. I told myself it's better to fall behind than to keep up and not grasp the materials

So for certain days, when there are a lot of questions, it takes me 2 days (3-4 hours each day) to answer and review the material based on the # of questions assigned for the particular topic (I love it when I see like 2-6 questions to complete such as the productivity/combinatorics day, it gives me time to catch up!).

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Elena89 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:02 am
Im also unable to keep pace. Especially from Day-10 onwards, the per-day assignments get too lengthy and concepts too complicated to be done in one day. Also, while studying from the Manhattan books, I find the 'Advanced' portion of each email a bit difficult than the rest of chapters.. And I was wondering if I could skip any advanced concepts that confuse me instead of 'adding' to my understanding. Is it wise to skip?

by rperezgmat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 am
Elena89: You know, something is telling me that if this is the first time one is preparing for the GMAT, and one is using the Manhattan GMAT Guides (the best concept review for math out there, I believe), it would probably be best to schedule 1.5 to 2 days for every math day. I am currently on Day 21, so I do not know if this idea will apply to the verbal training part as well. I cannot see how one can complete 4 Manhattan GMAT Chapters and 40 OG problems in four hours. It's just not possible for the average person.

However, at the same time, I do not believe that the 60-DAY guide should be lengthened to 90-days or 120-days because there may be people that could, in fact, complete the program in 60 days (those preparing for the second or third time for the test, for example, and who have already gone through the MANHATTAN GMAT guides).
GMAT Warrior

by chamisool » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:19 pm
Elena89 wrote:Im also unable to keep pace. Especially from Day-10 onwards, the per-day assignments get too lengthy and concepts too complicated to be done in one day. Also, while studying from the Manhattan books, I find the 'Advanced' portion of each email a bit difficult than the rest of chapters.. And I was wondering if I could skip any advanced concepts that confuse me instead of 'adding' to my understanding. Is it wise to skip?
i agree with the length. for day 15 and 16, it took me 4 days with 3-4 hours.
i spent the first day completing all the problem solving questions for day 15 including the additional resource problems, and then reviewing them afterwards. the next day, i would do the data sufficiency questions for day 15 and then review the question after. repeat for day 16.