Need Help to raise score from 640 to 700.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I appeared in GMAT on 10th Oct. I scored lesser than all GMAT practice tests. I want to score >= 700.
Or i may never be able to fulfill my dream of getting an MBA from a top B-school.

Score : 640 , QA : 48 , VA : 30

As i am a non-native speaker , my primary weak area is speed in VA. I tried a lot to improve on this in past 2.5 months but have failed miserably.
Because of my reading speed , i could not read 1 passage , guessed all of its questions , all in all lack of speed caused me guessing at least 8 questions. I had to guess them all and because of mental pressure i could not properly read many other questions also .

I am good in CR and SC provided i solve them in enough time. In RC yeah, i do struggle.

I don't know how to develop such reading speed. People who have been reading/conversing in English from childhood naturally have a lot better speed than me. It seems i just can't do it. Please advise.

I know , i have to improve in QA as well, would like to attempt to score a 51. Any guidance as on from where should i do those tricky and difficult questions of 50-51 range.

1. Hows E-GMAT ?
2. Any other online prep resource with study plans ?
3. Hows 800score.com ?
4. Any special tips of how to tackle RC ?

Please advise.

Regards,
Abhi

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by missionGMATverbal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 pm
Abhinav,

e-GMAT helped my improve my verbal quite a bit. Their methods are quite effective if you follow them. They helped me improve my verbal from 32 to 40. I would recommend you do their free trial. They offer 20% of their course free of charge. You can also look at my debrief below.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/and-yet-life ... tml#415540

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by [email protected] » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 pm
Thanks missionGMATVerbal.

I had gone through your debrief earlier. It was helpful.
How long did u prepare after your first attempt ?
I am planning to retake on 25th Nov.

Were you already doing good in QA ? will be thankful if any question bank that u can suggest for good GMAT like questions.