gmat 680...chances

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

gmat 680...chances

by Abhinav Nagar » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 am
hi ,

i have just completed my GMAT and thought of getting 700-710 range but stuck with 680,
i need experts advice that should i retake the test or not , as i am not specifically targeting top 15 b schools , i will target schools like fisher, georgiatech , and most important i need the financial ,please advice what are my chances specially in fisher or without a retake its not worth applying

profile-

gmat-680
gpa- 7.8/10
we-3 years till aug 2012

Thanks
please reply asap as fisher deadline is approaching and i have to make a decision.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:01 pm
Dear Abhinav,

Unfortunately, I cannot say with certainty what you should do as I do not have enough information. Decisions are made on more than numbers. If you feel you will have a strong, overall application package, then it is probably worthwhile to submit with your 680 and see what happens. However, if you feel your experience has not been that good, your essays are not strong, and/or your recommendations might not be outstanding, then a higher GMAT score might be necessary for you to be competitive. Assess your total application and determine if it is strong in its totality; then you can decide whether or not to submit with your current score or wait to retake.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me