Profile Evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by tkn2611 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:39 pm
Hi all,

I'm a 23 year-old female from Beirut, Lebanon (Middle East) with the following profile:

GMAT: 760 (V 45, Q 50, AWA 5.5)
Undergrad: American University of Beirut - Computer Science
GPA: 4.0 (merit scholarship, high distinction)
Recommendations: Excellent (from current and previous supervisors)
Work Experience: Management Consulting (Top 4 company) for 3 years across the Middle East
Community Service: public library, children's cancer center, several NGOs
Activities: university newsletter, firm's newsletter

What are my chances of getting into:
1- Harvard Business School
2- Stanford GSB

Thank you!
-T.K.N.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:42 members
GMAT Score:740

by Jessica@VeritasPrep » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 am
As you know, you have targeted two very competitive schools so nothing is guaranteed. However, if you are able to put together a strong application (compelling essays and a well written resume), I think you have a good shot. Your GMAT and grades are very commendable and will make you a viable candidate. Your background will also help differentiate you which is great. It is now your job to explain why business school is the next logical step for you and how you plan to use your degree in the future. If you are able to pull it all together, I think you may be successful. It may also make sense for you to apply to one or two slightly "safer" schools (something like Columbia or Booth). Best of luck to you! Let us know if you have other questions or would like assistance pulling it all together.
Jessica
MBA Admissions Consultant
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options