8 days before real test

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

8 days before real test

by fangtray » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:27 am
Hi Guys,

I've been just doing problems in the Official Guide for about a month or so now as well as the princeton review guide. I recently learned about MGMAT and i took the free test today.

MGMAT: 660

i took the GMAT Prep a week ago: 630

However, I have 1 more GMAT Prep test left, and I really liked how MGMAT does their CATS and I was wondering if I should purchase the other 5 tests with only 8 days left? Keep in mind i still have another GMAT Prep to take...

But with 8 days left until D-day, is there a point to do all the CATS from MGMAT? Or can I just reset the scores from the first free MGMAT and just retake that one?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by aplavakarthik » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 am
I guess the question ll be the same in the free test

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 am
My first question is, "What is your target score?"

For example, if your target score is 600, then I don't think you need to purchase more tests.

Also, I should mention that the GMATPrep practice tests can be taken multiple times and still provide reasonably accurate scores (see my BTG post at https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2010/03/ ... iple-times)

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:46 am
Yes you will find the same ques...
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html

Followed by:3 members

by fangtray » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:12 pm
Well I would hate hate hate to get below 610, and I would be estatic to get 700+, so I suppose my target score is 650 or 660?

I installed the GMAT Prep on 2 separate computers, and the first question on the first practice test is always the same, so i assumed that the entire test was the same. Is this not the case? Is the first question the same, but after that the questions come from different answer banks?

Also, with one week left, what should be my focus? I assume from what you guys are telling me that subscribing to 6 MGMAT practice tests are of lesser value because I don't have much time left.

thanks,

Ray

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by aplavakarthik » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 pm
Hi

u said that the first question u r finding in the both the systems is the same. It is not necessary that you will find the same question later on. Re-install and u ll find a new set of questions but there is a very good chance that u will find some question repeating never mind u ll definitely get few new questions. Do not answer the repeated questions directly even if u know the answer which gives you a added advantage to ur score as u ll save time and so ur score gets inflated. give around 2 min if u find a repeated question and then proceed to the next.