Asian American studies

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Asian American studies

by aplavakarthik » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 am
As Asian American Studies Professors include more challenging Asian American material in his introductory reading lists, the student is able to acquire background information for the interpretation of difficult and unfamiliar material.

a. in his introductory reading lists, the student is able to acquire background information for the interpretation of
b. in his introductory reading lists, the student can acquire information for the background interpretation of
c. in his introductory reading lists, the student acquires information of background interpretation of
d. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires independent background information for interpreting
e. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires background information for independent information of

Legendary Member
Followed by:123 members
GMAT Score:750

by cans » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:32 am
IMO D
a,b,c - subject verb agreement (professors is plural so it should be their and not his...)
e) awkard
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

Contact me about long distance tutoring!
[email protected]

Cans!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by sl750 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:42 am
D

Asian American Professors is the plural subject, so we need the plural pronoun

E doesn't answer what the background information is for. It doesn't make any sense to say, I am collecting background information for independent information of...

Legendary Member
Followed by:43 members
GMAT Score:640

by GmatKiss » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:00 am
aplavakarthik wrote:As Asian American Studies Professors include more challenging Asian American material in his introductory reading lists, the student is able to acquire background information for the interpretation of difficult and unfamiliar material.

a. in his introductory reading lists, the student is able to acquire background information for the interpretation of
b. in his introductory reading lists, the student can acquire information for the background interpretation of
c. in his introductory reading lists, the student acquires information of background interpretation of
d. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires independent background information for interpreting
e. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires background information for independent information of
IMO:D

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by navami » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am
IMO : D

A and B singular/plural error.

E is akward
This time no looking back!!!
Navami

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 am
IMO A
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

Legendary Member

by mundasingh123 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 am
aplavakarthik wrote:As Asian American Studies Professors include more challenging Asian American material in his introductory reading lists, the student is able to acquire background information for the interpretation of difficult and unfamiliar material.

Did you create this SC yourself ?

Legendary Member
Followed by:13 members

by aspirant2011 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 am

Legendary Member
Followed by:8 members

by saketk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 am
mundasingh123 wrote:IMO A
you can eliminate choices a,b and c because all of them have SV agreement issue.

the subject is Professors (plural) -- only choices left are D and E.

Option E is awkward 'information for independent information' .

IMO option D is the correct answer

by 1947 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 am
D ...is corr
E is awkward rest all go out bcos of S/V aggrement

Legendary Member

by mundasingh123 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 am
saketk wrote:
mundasingh123 wrote:IMO A
you can eliminate choices a,b and c because all of them have SV agreement issue.

the subject is Professors (plural) -- only choices left are D and E.

Option E is awkward 'information for independent information' .

IMO option D is the correct answer
whether the original sentence has a subject - verb issue depends on who do you think is the subject . If i were to join a new school, the list of books that i would be given to study would not be referred to as my teachers' lists. The student here is a generic element .

by zaarathelab » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 am

ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE S/V AGREEMENT ERROR (Professors need a plural their)
d. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires independent background information for interpreting ---CORRECT
e. in their introductory reading lists, the student acquires background information for independent - UNNECESSARY. Information is unnecessarily used twice, distorting the meaning
Success = Max(Hardwork) + Min(Luck)