NYU Part-Time Langone Interview

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

NYU Part-Time Langone Interview

by w12a7z » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:16 am
Hi,

I was invited to interview with NYU as an applicant for their part-time program. Because this is so rare, I was curious what I should be expecting and how I should approach this. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm
Dear w12a7z,

Great news on your interview invitation! Business school interviews mirror job interviews, so prepare like you would for a job interview (i.e., NYU Stern is the company & the Langone program is the job). You want to be able to answer a question on anything on your resume, why you want an MBA, why now is the right time and why Langone is the right place.

Best of luck!
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by LMK27 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 pm
Congrats on landing an interview!

Can you please provide some additional background info, GPA/GMAT/AGE/WORK EXP?

I was just dinged from the same program and would appreciate any insight into what lands an interview or acceptance.

Thank you and best of luck to you on your interview!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by w12a7z » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 am
Hi Lisa,

Thanks very much for getting back to me on my questions!

I just had a couple follow ups for you:

- Do you know of any specific questions part-time applicants have been asked in the past, or do you have any examples?
- In your experience, does getting asked for a part-time interview generally lead to acceptance?
- How do they determine which part-time applicants are invited for an interview?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 am
I do not have a list of actual questions, but do expect questions around why Langone, your career goals, and your professional experience (especially examples of teamwork and leadership). Being invited for an interview is not any guarantee you will be admitted; it does convey that you are being considered and cleared an initial screening though. Most schools will not interview applicants that do not demonstrate an ability to handle the coursework and do not effectively communicate a solid rationale for an MBA.

Good luck!
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me