BTG Practice Questions

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

BTG Practice Questions

by chasebuzz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:27 am
Has anyone used the BTG practice questions? If you have, what is your experience/opinion of the questions?

MBA Student
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:760

by therealtomrose » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:36 pm
I have used them. The questions I saw were generally great. They were all relevant, thoughtful, on target, and would be a great proxy for the GMAT.

Some of the questions are direct modifications of OG questions which is a pro and con. For example, compare "Average of a and b" with OG12-PS84. On the one hand, the questions serve as a terrific proxy for OG questions. On the other hand, some of the questions will basically be repeats. It's a double edged sword. Creating realistic, new OG problems is almost imposible, so you'll always be playing a trade-off between relevance and novelty. This q-bank leans towards relevance.

I LOVE the filters that you can turn on and off with a click. It's very Kayak-like.

I'm sure in the future they're planning to add some deeper analytics to help you hone in on your weaknesses. As it stand right now, it's a solid Q-bank.
Like the advice? Remember to click the "thank" button. It's my only source of gratification :)

-Tom Rose

MIT Sloan MBA, Class of 2011
The MBA Show: https://www.TheMBAShow.com

Full disclosure, I work for
ManhattanGMAT: https://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-tutor-rose.cfm

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by chasebuzz » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm
Thank you so much for your response.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 pm
I am also using them and they are great as far as I have seen. The explanations are also good. Good support material for practice...
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri