Please Help Practice Scores Stagnated

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please Help Practice Scores Stagnated

by chetanc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am
Hello,

I Intend to take the gmat in about 3 weeks time and have seem to hit a roadblock. My practice scores just don't improve. Below is the list of my scores . I would like the advice of experts/forum members on how to improve from hereon. my target score is 650+

Gmat prep 1 630 Q44 V32
Master Gmat 620 Q45 V31
Princeton Review Free Test 570 Q45 V23
Knewton Free Test 570 Q41 V 28

Regards,
Chetan Chhabria

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 am
chetanc wrote:Hello,

I Intend to take the gmat in about 3 weeks time and have seem to hit a roadblock. My practice scores just don't improve. Below is the list of my scores . I would like the advice of experts/forum members on how to improve from hereon. my target score is 650+

Gmat prep 1 630 Q44 V32
Master Gmat 620 Q45 V31
Princeton Review Free Test 570 Q45 V23
Knewton Free Test 570 Q41 V 28

Regards,
Chetan Chhabria
It's hard to tell whether your scores are really stagnating, when the tests are from different sources.
The most accurate tests are the GMATPrep tests (and I happen to think the PowerPrep tests are pretty good too).

Take another GMATPrep test to see how you do.

When it comes to improving your score, you really need to focus on improving weaknesses, especially on the Verbal side, where it's important to have to have similar skills for all 3 question types, otherwise your weakest subject area will pull down your mark.

Have you been keeping track of your progress, with regard to certain question types (e.g., using BTG's OG12 Error log)? If so, you can use this to focus your efforts.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by chetanc » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 pm
Hello Brent,

Yes I do keep a track of my errors and revise them.

I have also taken Prep 2 and scored 610 Q42 V31.

I am really disappointed with my quant score.

Have observed and taken down a few points while anaylsing my test's including 3rd party test's.

I can easily answer 5-6 quant questions that I have got incoorect on the test without reading the explanations.This is what frustrates me because there is no gap in concepts but due to time constraint or sometimes just going blank due to stress results in these errors.I am very sure if i can fix this my quant score will be in the higher 40's.

Your suggestions to fix this issue will help.

Regards,

Chetan Chhabria