Suffolk University MBA

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Suffolk University MBA

by d.himabindu10 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 am
Hello

I am a software engineer with four years of experience which includes eight months of international experience. My GMAT score is 650 and under graduation GPA is 3.8. I am keen only on accelerated MBA courses and so based on my profile I applied to Oklahoma University, Rutgers University and Suffolk University. I received acceptance from Suffolk University which is also offering me a scholarship of $36000. However, I am not sure if I should join Suffolk as I see that Suffolk is ranked well for EMBA only. Can you please suggest if I can consider joining Suffolk MBA.

Regards
Hima

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:29 am
Dear Hima,

Congratulations on your admission offer & scholarship! Only you can truly decide if Suffolk meets your needs and expectations for an MBA. You must have felt it was a potential fit when you decided to apply there. Think about what you are wanting from your business school experience and determine if Suffolk offers you the curriculum, resources and opportunities you want. If so, then it seems it is a good match for you.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

by d.himabindu10 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:56 am
Thanks Lisa. I got accepted to all the three schools i.e Rutgers, Suffolk and Oklahoma University. However, I am finding it difficult to chose one among the three colleges. Can you please suggest which one is best among the three..

Regards
Hima

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 am
Dear Hima,

Congratulations on your 3 offers of admission! The best one is really more a question of which is the best one for YOU. You need to consider your career goals relative to the curricula and resources of each program, as well as geography, alumni connections, and culture/environment. I would suggest making a list of what you seek in your program and then prioritizing that list (i.e., is location more important than course offerings? are industry connections more important than course offerings?). Then, you can evaluate each school against your prioritized list to come up with your ranking of the three. Don't discount the importance of culture/environment though as you will be spending all your time there for during business school and you want to feel comfortable.

Good luck!
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

by mba444 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 pm
Hi Hima,

Suffolk as a business school has improved a lot in the last 4-5 years.They are looking to expand even though they are located downtown boston.What's your major gonna be? Finance,Accounting,Marketing???Global MBA OR Regular MBA ???
To be honest the career services sucks...But it should not matter if you have a good working experience as i received complaints from students from the other univ's in the boston area....

by d.himabindu10 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:02 am
Hello MBA444,

I have around four years of experience as a software engineer. I wish to do MBA in general management. I opted for regular MBA. DO you think I would have better options if I chose global MBA? The concentrations International Finance/International Marketing don't appeal much to me at this point in time.

Regards
Hima