AWA - Essay...question

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

AWA - Essay...question

by PGMAT » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm
Is it necessary to take a side on Issue essay? Most of the times, yes, we can either agree or not agree with author's statement. But some times, we may partially agree, for instance, there can scenarios when author is correct but may be not at other times.

I came across this question, here I agree with the author but at the same time there are several disadvantages too.
Will it impact my score if I don't take a side?

"Despite the convenience of distance learning and online educational programs, they will never replace in-class instruction."

Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by pesfunk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am
dude..generaly what i do it to take a side and write 2-3 points about it....in the last paragraph...i mention that "although there might be merit to the author's argument" and then say what i mean from the side i have taken. You basically take ony of the sides buy write 2-3 paragraphs about it....that should solve the purpose....
PGMAT wrote:Is it necessary to take a side on Issue essay? Most of the times, yes, we can either agree or not agree with author's statement. But some times, we may partially agree, for instance, there can scenarios when author is correct but may be not at other times.

I came across this question, here I agree with the author but at the same time there are several disadvantages too.
Will it impact my score if I don't take a side?

"Despite the convenience of distance learning and online educational programs, they will never replace in-class instruction."

Thank you.