Profile Evaluation and advice Needed

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation and advice Needed

by rp4gmat » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm
Hi Everybody,

I appeared for GMAT in August 2010 and am planning to apply for the internationl Bschools for the Full time MBA courses in 2010 Round1 applications. I needed to know my chances of getting through with my current gmat score . I will give you a brief insight of my profile .

GMAT 680 , AWA - 5
Workex - 3 Years , IT/consulting.(Indian national)
Education : Btech - 74%
12th - 84%
10th - 87%
Extra curricular - strong (can provide reco from college)

Targetted colleges -

Tepper
Austin
Emory
North Carolina
Rochester

Dream college - Stern!!!(but cant go through with this score i guess :( .....)

Based on the feedback i have to decide whether to go ahead with the applications or to prepare for 2 more months and give the exam again by Mid november and try to reach the magic figure of 700 and go for round 2 apps . Experts please reply .

Regards ,
rp4gmat

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rp4gmat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:01 am
Dear experts,

i am waiting for some valuable input ....running out of time for round1 .. have to take a decision soon ..please take out some time ...

regards ,
rp4gmat

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members
GMAT Score:620

by Kaneisha Grayson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 pm
Hello RP4GMAT!

Have you written your essays? Are they awesome? If the answer to either of those questions is no, then you should DEFINITELY wait until Round 2. You must understand that MBA Admissions is not as tied to the numbers game as you think. Your GMAT score and GPA matter, but your story (i.e. your essays) is of the utmost importance after you've shown you can get over the numbers hurdle.

Rather than freaking out over whether you should take the GMAT again, you should focus on getting those essays in tip top shape. If they already are, then yes, go ahead and apply Round 1. But if you have not put 100% of your effort into writing essays that will make the AdCom fall in love with you, then you should wait for Round 2.

Good luck!

Kaneisha
Harvard Business School MBA 2010, Harvard Kennedy School MPA 2010
Founder, The Art of Applying
Admissions Consulting for MBA, MPP, Joint Degrees, and Fellowships
https://theartofapplying.com

Want free advice that actually works? Sign up for my weekly MBA, MPP, and JD newsletter here: https://theartofapplying.com/newsletter/

My clients have earned over $3.1 million in fellowships from Harvard and other top MBA, MPP, and JD programs since 2010.