SBS ranking

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
GMAT Score:570

SBS ranking

by reply2spg » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 am
Source - McGraw-Hills (Conquering Gmat Q # 3)

In its yearly review of MBA programs, an independant evaluator gave SBS a dismal ranking in its student satisfaction category. In order to increase student satisfaction and its national ranking, SBS decided to spend over $50 million upgrading it facilities, including its library, classroom space, and lounge areas.

Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason to expect that SBS's proposal will be successful in increasing its ranking?

1. the student satisfaction category encompassess a number of subjective factors, including value, quality of faculty, and facilities.

2. Yearly program rankings are an important factor in attracting the best candidates to a school

3. SBS hasa already secured the $50 million needed to upgrade its facilities

4. The students that were surveyed indicated that the number and diversity of courses offered at a school was a large component of student satisfaction

5. The students that were surveyed indicated that they were extremely happy with the quantity of instruction, price, and diversity of courses at the school

OA E. Had a question about A, but got an answer after posting the question
Sudhanshu
(have lot of things to learn from all of you)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by neha.patni » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:16 am
reply2spg wrote:Source - McGraw-Hills (Conquering Gmat Q # 3)

In its yearly review of MBA programs, an independant evaluator gave SBS a dismal ranking in its student satisfaction category. In order to increase student satisfaction and its national ranking, SBS decided to spend over $50 million upgrading it facilities, including its library, classroom space, and lounge areas.

Which of the following, if true, provides the strongest reason to expect that SBS's proposal will be successful in increasing its ranking?

1. the student satisfaction category encompassess a number of subjective factors, including value, quality of faculty, and facilities.

2. Yearly program rankings are an important factor in attracting the best candidates to a school

3. SBS hasa already secured the $50 million needed to upgrade its facilities

4. The students that were surveyed indicated that the number and diversity of courses offered at a school was a large component of student satisfaction

5. The students that were surveyed indicated that they were extremely happy with the quantity of instruction, price, and diversity of courses at the school

OA E. Had a question about A, but got an answer after posting the question
IMO A...can anybody explain, why the answer is E

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by adi_800 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:32 am
I too went for A..
how E is oa?

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by Gurpinder » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:50 pm
Hmmmm....

same thing. I would say its A.

Now I am doubting McGraw Hill.....
"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress."
- Alfred A. Montapert, Philosopher.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Prashantbhardwaj » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:37 am
My answer comes out to be A too.

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:41 am
So bottom line I don't think 'McGraw-Hills' is a good source to learn for GMAT
Sudhanshu

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Prashantbhardwaj » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:44 am
Now i get it but. I read the spoiler of reply2spg.

How can it be right.

Can we actually draw an inference from the answer and then move on to choose another option.??

I mean I read the Option A again and found that it gives me the exact premises which comprise any B-school. Option E gives that the students are satisfied with almost all the factors given in A except the facilities.

So can i use one of the option to find details that will help me and then answer the same question by choosing another option?

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by Gurpinder » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 am
reply2spg wrote:So bottom line I don't think 'McGraw-Hills' is a good source to learn for GMAT
I am not sure how they are on verbal. But I used McGraw Hill Gmat Math 2009 book to catchup on basics a month ago and I gotta tell you. Even though they cover the basics, their explanations are not the greatest! I had to look for half of the stuff online to understand it.

I would switch to something better if I were you!
"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress."
- Alfred A. Montapert, Philosopher.

Legendary Member

by reply2spg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 am
Thanks for the insight!!!

However, I never go for Quant to any book other than R. S. Aggrwal. If you get that book then it covers everything along with OG, Kaplan and Manhatten books.

Obviously, you have to get some concepts clear by searching on net.
Gurpinder wrote:
reply2spg wrote:So bottom line I don't think 'McGraw-Hills' is a good source to learn for GMAT
I am not sure how they are on verbal. But I used McGraw Hill Gmat Math 2009 book to catchup on basics a month ago and I gotta tell you. Even though they cover the basics, their explanations are not the greatest! I had to look for half of the stuff online to understand it.

I would switch to something better if I were you!
Sudhanshu