This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Canadian Mba

by sanchitsharma3 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:51 am
Hi there

I am Sanchit Sharma an my profile is as follows

Gmat: 620
Cgpa: 3.7
Work ex: 2 yrs Director Bhaskar Metal Finishing Equipments pvt. ltd. in 2008 Setup my own paint firm Surbhi color chem all of it is family business.
Nationality: Indian

I am interested in doing MBA from Canada

I am targetting
a:- Telfer School( University of Ottawa)
b:- Haskayne business school ( University of calgaray)
c:- Segal business school ( Simon fraser university)

My question to you is that with my profile I feel these will be safe target but can you throw some light on schools which are safe according to my profile and where there is little chance of admission.Or schools which you want to recommend depending on my profile.

Thanking you in anticipation

With Warm Regards
Sanchit Sharma

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by jkhousto » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:40 pm
Sanchit -

Thanks for your question. I am probably not as up to speed on the Canadian schools you mention as I should be, but from what I can gather, you look to be within range for them. Your GPA is above average for the schools, and your GMAT is the exact average of Segal School students.

If you are planning to return to India post-MBA, I would definitely focus on that in your applications. Also, share what skills and experiences you have learned from working in a family run enterprise and how obtaining your MBA will improve your ability to grow it and manage it in the longer term. Lastly, extracurricular activities and community service efforts can help round out your story as well. Those are all unique attributes that might help you stand out from the many Indian male candidates.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Jennifer Houston, MBA
Consultant
mbaMission

Our Mission is Your Mission

www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (14 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Download the mbaMission Webinar, Demystifying the MBA Admissions Process