460 to 650 in a month? Is it possible?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

460 to 650 in a month? Is it possible?

by mmartens1024 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:24 am
Hi everyone,

I kind of jumped into this all last minute. While struggling with my current job to the point of complete and utter unhappiness and exhaustion, I have decided to go back to school. This is something that has been in the back of my mind for a long time but now it seems this would be the best time for me to go back.

I have one month, my exam date is June 28. I have done the GmatPrep practice test 1 with no AWA and scored a 460. I also had about 30 minutes left in each section when I finished, so obviously I can work on my timing.

My Verbal was higher than my Quant but I can't figure out how to get back to my individual scores...I know I missed 21 Quant and 13 Verbal.

I have the study guide for one month til D-Day that was posted here (I think it's titled something different, but this is what I call it :) and I also have the Official 12th edition, as well as the Kaplan Verbal and Math reviews.

Do you all think it is possible to go up that much in a month? I guess this might be more of a blog than a question but I've been creeping around here for awhile and I thought I'd ask you all your opinion.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Wed May 26, 2010 9:44 am
It really depends on how much time you have to study. If you can devote about 4 hours a night until you exam, you have a shot. Otherwise, you may fall short. Go order the following books.

Manhattan GMAT Number Properties
Manhattan GMAT Equations Inequalities and Vics
Manhattan GMAT Word Translations

You will need those to supplement what you have in the Kaplan work book. If can't afford all 3, you HAVE to order the number properties guide. Good luck.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:790

by Toph@GMAT_REBOOT » Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 am
If you had that much time left... then I don't think the score is necessarily an accurate measure of your currrent level. I'd retake the GMAT Prep 1 exam and take your time on it. Remember, this isn't a game with a time bonus. If you finish the quant section in under 45 minutes, you don't unlock the invisibility cheat. :-)
GMAT REBOOT: Personal Tutoring
www.gmatreboot.com
[email protected]