570 to 660 in one month thanks to Veritas Prep.

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I just wanted to post and share the news that I raised my GMAT score from a 570 to a 660 on the second try. I also wanted to try to post an honest review of the Veritas Prep service as I had a very positive experience with their service.

I initially began studying for the GMAT with the help of the Official Guide and and a test prep book from one of the major test prep companies. What I found was that I was still somewhat unprepared after two months of studying, and I wound up scoring a 570 on my first GMAT attempt. I searched around the internet and found the Veritas Prep site. I decided to give their service a try because I really wanted to improve my score as much as possible.

I found that the Veritas Prep service was an excellent help in preparing for my second attempt at the GMAT. I have no experience with any of the other intensive programs (Manhattan, Kaplan, etc.) so I will only offer my review of the Veritas service. I used their online "ondemand" service. I found that the online lectures were very in depth, yet easy to follow. I watched all of the lectures, and completed most of the practice problems in the accompanying books. I found that after doing this, I walked into the GMAT with much more confidence and poise the second time around, and my results proved this. I was on a limited timetable, and still increased my score 90 points in one month. I have no doubt that if I had extra time to spend with the Veritas service, my score would have risen above 700. The ondemand option also worked well for me as I work full time, and I was able to pick up the lectures when I had spare time.

One other thing I would like to point out is the excellent customer service I received from the staff at Veritas. I found that all posts or questions I submitted through the online forum were answered within at least 24 hours, if not sooner. Also, Scott and Brian were very prompt to respond to any questions I submitted on Beat the GMAT.

In summary, I would highly recommed the Veritas Prep service to anyone looking to increase their score on the GMAT. Their products and customer service were top notch, and I was very satisfied.

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm
Great improvement on your score. congratulations. I believe folks here would love to hear about your experience during your preparation and on the G-day!
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish