Kaplan CATs

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kaplan CATs

by Verne_Lundquist » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 pm
Hi:

I have been reading that you can add about 50-80 points to your Kaplan CAT score to gauge what your actual GMAT score may be.

My question is, is this also true of the Kaplan CATs provided in the online course? (There are 8 of them on the online course)

I have taken 4 so far, and I have received a 730,690,700, and 740. I find it hard to believe that I should be able to add 50 points to these scores to determine my GMAT score as these scores are already pretty high.

This has been causing me a good deal of confusion as I am not sure what to expect on the actual GMAT. Any insight on this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: Kaplan CATs

by willshu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:48 am
I'm not sure. I have been doing well on the Kaplan CATs except for the diagnostic, which is not a CAT. However, I found the math a lot more difficult on the GMATPrep free CATs that you can download off of mba.com. The verbal is fairly similar. My friends that did the online Kaplan test all said the math part was defintely harder on the real thing.
Verne_Lundquist wrote:Hi:

I have been reading that you can add about 50-80 points to your Kaplan CAT score to gauge what your actual GMAT score may be.

My question is, is this also true of the Kaplan CATs provided in the online course? (There are 8 of them on the online course)

I have taken 4 so far, and I have received a 730,690,700, and 740. I find it hard to believe that I should be able to add 50 points to these scores to determine my GMAT score as these scores are already pretty high.

This has been causing me a good deal of confusion as I am not sure what to expect on the actual GMAT. Any insight on this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks!