deleted

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

deleted

by yoon1que1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:45 pm
deleted
Last edited by yoon1que1 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 am
Wow! You're aiming for at least a 150-point increase in your score! Not to sound rude or anything, but that's a whole lot in just two weeks! Not to mention that you've only had one month in prep and used only one book... Besides, scoring something like 700 will put you in range for all top b-schools...

Your post makes me think that your main issue is that you haven't practiced enough. No matter how good you are in maths or English, there are some types of problems that you haven't seen anywhere (i.e. the DS questions is quant and the CR questions is verbal) that might get you down. You need to start practicing as soon as possible and focus on your weak areas. I can definitely spot CR on the list, so maybe you should consider buying the PowerScore CR Bible.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yoon1que1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:19 am
DanaJ wrote:Wow! You're aiming for at least a 150-point increase in your score! Not to sound rude or anything, but that's a whole lot in just two weeks! Not to mention that you've only had one month in prep and used only one book... Besides, scoring something like 700 will put you in range for all top b-schools...
haha yea. not to sound arrogant or anything, but i have faith and i have a vision. the mind is overwhelmingly powerful... if you put your mind into it alot can happen... anyway lets not lose hope!! =]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:750

by zuleron » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:05 am
I agree with DanaJ... I think it is much easier to go from 440 to 600 than it is to go from 600 to 750... because at the 700+ level, the questions become REALLY REALLY tricky and require you to know the substance cold AND to be able to think about problems in unique ways. Some people have a knack for it. But if you don't have aknack for it you need to practice a lot! One week seems a bit short but as someone once said, "nothing is impossible".

I would say... work on algebra like crazy and do tons of DS...

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out!