kaplan quiz bank

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

kaplan quiz bank

by yakiraz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 am
hi,

I just bought the kaplan quiz bank and took the first quiz. It was quit easy. although I chose to take all questions (easy, medium and hard) even the tough ones were not as tough as I expected them to be. the kaplan tests were much harder. Does the quiz bank questions are targeted at beginers?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:2 members

quiz bank

by Jen Kedro » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:22 pm
Hi yakiraz,

The Quiz Bank has over 1000 questions of varying difficulty levels, and covering multiple topics. It is not aimed particularly at easier questions; but you can certainly set it to focus on the more difficult questions within specific topics next time as desired. Keep in mind that some people find certain topics "easy", while they may not neccessarily be considered so.

Hope the Quiz Bank will provide plenty of practice to you...a great way to use it along with the full-length adaptive tests is to assess what your areas of weakness are on the CATs, and then practice those thoroughly with the Quiz Bank. Make sure you are working on your timing as well.

Good luck!
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member

by yakiraz » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 am
how often do you update the quiz bank? were the questions in the q bank written recently?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:2 members

Quiz Bank

by Jen Kedro » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:10 pm
Hi,

We are continually updating all of our online resources, including Quiz Bank, as needed. So we edit questions if deemed appropriate, and add in new questions each time we revise our materials. There are a mix of questions in the bank currently, both in terms of difficulty level and recency, but keep in mind that the types of questions asked on the GMAT are fairly consistent over time, so most important is that they are realistic, and that you continue to focus on areas you need to improve, as well as your timing.
All the best,
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member

by Jake Blues » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:10 am
Hi,

Does Kaplan Quiz Bank have it's own,unique source of questions? I mean, I already have Kaplan Premier2008 book and want to be sure that questions from CD,online CAT or book do not appear in Kaplan Quiz Bank.

Thank you.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:770

Quiz Bank = unique questions

by amitchell » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 am
Jake Blues,

Thanks for your post. Good question!

Kaplan's Quiz Bank contains problems that you won't find anywhere else. So you should get a completely fresh source of preparation with the Quiz Bank.

Let me know how the experience goes for you! :D

Thanks,
Andrew

P.S. The Quiz Bank is here: https://www.kaptest.com/Business/GMAT/Ka ... qbank.html
Andrew Mitchell

GMAT Instructor
Assistant Director of GMAT & GRE
Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions

by Jake Blues » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 am
amitchell,thank you very much for the answer!

I like Kaplan material for GMAT preparation,so i consider purchasing quiz bank as a source of additional training.
May i ask you one more question? Let's say there are 1000 questions in quiz bank and let's take three levels of difficulty - Easy,Average,Difficult.The question is: Are the questions in quiz bank spread equally over the "levels of difficulty"? I mean are there approximately 330 easy questions,330 of average difficulty etc....?

I am mostly interested in average and difficult questions,so just want to be sure that there are not too many easy level questions in that quiz bank.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:770

by amitchell » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:26 am
Jake Blues wrote:amitchell,thank you very much for the answer!

I like Kaplan material for GMAT preparation,so i consider purchasing quiz bank as a source of additional training.
May i ask you one more question? Let's say there are 1000 questions in quiz bank and let's take three levels of difficulty - Easy,Average,Difficult.The question is: Are the questions in quiz bank spread equally over the "levels of difficulty"? I mean are there approximately 330 easy questions,330 of average difficulty etc....?

I am mostly interested in average and difficult questions,so just want to be sure that there are not too many easy level questions in that quiz bank.
Jake Blues,

Good question. The questions are about evenly distributed in terms of difficulty, with a bit more near the average level. (It's a bell curve.) It's good to practice the medium-level even if you're advanced so you can plow through them efficiently.

One other thing that's nice about the QBank is the fact you can select questions by type. E.g., if you're not as strong on proportion questions, you can practice Medium Level proportion questions specifically.

If you need an additional source of Advanced questions you can check out the GMAT Advanced book https://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-GMAT-Advan ... 055&sr=8-1 or the GMAT Advanced class (requires score of 600 or above) https://www.kaptest.com/Business/GMAT/Ka ... lassa.html.

B-)

Thanks!
Andrew Mitchell

GMAT Instructor
Assistant Director of GMAT & GRE
Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions

by Jake Blues » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:06 pm
amitchell

Thank you!
If you need an additional source of Advanced questions you can check out the GMAT Advanced book
Yes,it's a good book and of course i have already purchased one! :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by will_punting » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 am
amitchell,

what is the relationship between
- the Kaplan "GMAT 800" book
- the Kaplan "GMAT Advanced" book
- the Kaplan Quiz Bank
- the Kaplan "Premier 2008" book?

Any overlap/duplication between these, in terms of questions?

Thanks,
Will