GMAT – A game where the scoreboard is hidden from you.

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by megadeth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 am
@ronin
Thanks for the tips. You said that you prepared for just 2 months on the second attempt ? How many hours do you think did you put in all ?
I have made a plan for myself. I plan to study for around 5 hours a day. I'd be back from office by 7 and then will study from 8-1 ? Do you think this sufficient or should I cut down on the time or is it ideal ?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by Black Knight » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 am
megadeth wrote:@ronin
Thanks for the tips. You said that you prepared for just 2 months on the second attempt ? How many hours do you think did you put in all ?
I have made a plan for myself. I plan to study for around 5 hours a day. I'd be back from office by 7 and then will study from 8-1 ? Do you think this sufficient or should I cut down on the time or is it ideal ?
Woosh! Dude, that is too high amount of studying in a day. You should be studying for 5 hours per day only when you're sitting at home for GMAT Prep otherwise you are not doing a day job. Otherwise putting that many number of hours is not gonna be too much beneficial . And be realistic in your plan. Do you really think that it is possible to study for 5 hours per day when you return from office. I don't know whether you have experienced this or not, but from my experience I can say that such ambitious plans just work for a week or two before fizzling out completely. So being realistic is the name of the game!