Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by vikram_k51 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:43 am
The OA is D

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:27 pm
Hey, guys, got a PM asking me to explain why B is wrong. I'd be happy to, but I have to know the source of the question first (there are certain sources I'm not allowed to discuss). Can vikram or anyone else who knows tell me what the source is? Thanks!
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by tanviet » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:35 am
dimonya wrote:Ya b is correct.

the rationale in my opinion is as follows:

1. here agreement established the precedent.

2. although it was done in the past, the precedent was established at the time of the agreement.

3 thus we have agreement (cause) precedent (effect) at the same time <=> present continuous tense is appropriate (establishing)

B
I agree the B is correct.

here, "establising" can not logically happen before "contributing" as "truce" happen logically before "helping to keep" in Q 51, OG 11

so d is correct in Q51

this is a bad sentence which immitate OG but do so wrongly.

that is why Stacey refuse to comment

Hello friends. I wish we discuss good questions, even only questions from OG. we think we fully understand the questions in OG but in fact we dose not. I thing fully understanding OG is enough to get 700. Many question I post from OG, but no one answers. the explanation in OG is very short even I can say, nearly it dose not explain.

do not discuss this question any more. we do not have time. this kind of question destroy our study. OG from ETS which is mother of GMAT.