Attempting The GMAT again ( last attempt was in 2013 )

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by melguy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:33 pm
Hello Rich

Thanks for your input. I will follow what you said next time I take the sample test and will report back. Also, I have checked out a few courses since I have started studying and as per your previous advice I will definitely get a course soon.

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by melguy » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:41 am
Hi Rich

I have a quick update. I sat a full length Manhattan sample test today under strict exam conditions and not at home. Below are the results.

I still am a fair bit away from my target score of ~650 :( Current Status of my studies is that I am on Manhattan Book #3 (and still working on refreshing my Quant basics).

Thanks
Attachments
Manhattan.jpg

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:21 am
Hi melguy,

Now that we have a more realistic score to use as a basis for comparison, you can start to nit-pick your performance. After taking each CAT, you should plan to do a full review - with the goal of trying to define WHY you got questions wrong. The first big question to always ask is "how many of these questions did I get wrong that I COULD actually have gotten correct?"

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]