350 :(

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
GMAT Score:640

by AleksandrM » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:23 pm
No. I just reset the test. When you go back in to take the test, it asks you if you want to start from where you left off or start anew, and I choose the latter.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by medea66 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:45 pm
That's what I do, but some users mentioned that they actually install and then uninstall the entire program so that they can get new questions from the test bank instead of repeating ones.

Legendary Member

by AleksandrM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:38 am
I don't really think this works. I don't see why the same software would all of a sudden get new questions. Whatever new questions are there were there before. Each time I take GMATPrep - I've taken each one 4 times now - I see many new problems; in fact, I only see maybe 2 or 3 repeats, no more than that. As long as you are doing better each time, you will see questions of a different difficulty. If you are seeing the same questions, then you are not doing much better than the last time.

Followed by:1 members

by khurram » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:10 am
best advice
get a tutor even if just one time. Send them screen shots of your gmat prep 1 and 2 and ask them to disect it.

They def should be able to find a pattern. That should help.

I scored 620 after nearly 6 months of hard studying. So found a tutor (who had scored 800) and am working with her now. Craigslist.

For verbal, all the notes should be reviewed at least 4 times. You should be able to disect each sc in the OG and purple book. Not just know the answer. Know what is wrong with each sentence. if you are between two choices it is imp to know why one is wrong.

any confusion-post here.

For gmat prep questions nearly all have been discussed here.

Look up stuart's answers to verbal and math, he is the best tutor on this forum and answers in a very simple manner.

Good luck to us all.
Khurram

Legendary Member

by AleksandrM » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am
No. After you take one of the tests, you are asked if you would like to discard your test or save it. Also, when you return to the test you are asked whether you would like to begin where you left off or if you would like to discard the old test and start anew. I just click to start from a clean test. I have not seen more than 2 or 3 repeats on each section with this method. As I have said elsewhere, I highly doubt that uninstalling and reinstalling would provide you with a wide pool of questions.

by medea66 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Just took the GMATPREP 2(first take) and scored miserably again. I got a 470(Q23, V31). Last week I took the GMATPREP1(second times, several repeats from past, including OG problems) and I got a 580(Q30,V40).

This is not good news as I take the test this weekend. I thought I was actually progressing, however I've just plummeted below my 1st GMATPREP1 score of 490(Q29,V28). I don't understand what happened, I studied quite a bit. Sharpened up verbal and math and now just went belly up.

Any suggestions on what happened. I think I may have spent too much time on the first few problems of quant(3mins each) and then messed those up. Then maybe hurried on the rest?

This is soooooo frustrating.............PLEASE help me!!!!