While Vs. Where

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

While Vs. Where

by neer.king » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:27 pm
Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting the imposition of an alien tax on immigrant workers, after 1897 the united mine workers make a determined effort to enlist Italians and slaves in its ranks.

A: Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting
B: where once the union acquiesced to its English-speaking members' prejudice for the support of
C: While once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members in support of
D: While once the union acquiesced to its English speaking members' prejudice in supporting
E: While once the union had acquiesced o the prejudices of its English-speaking members in its supporting of

please explain the difference between the use of when and while.

Legendary Member
Followed by:21 members

by vk_vinayak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:42 am
Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting the imposition of an alien tax on immigrant workers, after 1897 the united mine workers make a determined effort to enlist Italians and slaves in its ranks.

Please make sure you provide the correct question.
- VK

I will (Learn. Recognize. Apply)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by neer.king » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:38 am
sorry dude.. was a typing mistake.. but please explain.. :-D just a silly typing mistake.. have to type the complete statement that's why..

Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting the imposition of an alien tax on immigrant workers, after 1897 the united mine workers made a determined effort to enlist Italians and slaves in its ranks.

A: Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting
B: where once the union acquiesced to its English-speaking members' prejudice for the support of
C: While once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members in support of
D: While once the union acquiesced to its English speaking members' prejudice in supporting
E: While once the union had acquiesced o the prejudices of its English-speaking members in its supporting of

please explain the difference between the use of when and while.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by [email protected] » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:57 am
IMO
Not heard of 'while once'
Now between A and B
A Where once the union had acquiesced to the prejudices of its English-speaking members by supporting the imposition of an alien tax on immigrant

B where once the union acquiesced [spoiler]to its English-speaking members' prejudice[/spoiler] for the support of

Now we get ..
A acquiesced .. by ..
B acquiesced .. for ..

I would go with A Highlight to see the answer !!