Which school should I apply to?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Which school should I apply to?

by ManjushriNarendra » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:47 am
Hi all,
Stories posted here have been a great source of motivation for me. I could score a decent 710 (92%tile) on my D day.
verbal - 39 (89%tile)
Quant - 49 (79%tile)
IR - 6; AWA - 4.5

I am an Indian female & have +6 years of experience in the Petrochemical Manufacturing.
Can you please suggest which schools should I apply.. a good scholarship money is a prerequisite...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am
Hi ManjushriNarendra,

With your scores and background, you appear to be a solid candidate (probably for most, if not all, Business Schools). You have to define YOUR goals though:

1) Is there a particular industry or company that you want to work for/in?
2) Is there a particular career path that you want to follow?
3) Are you looking for a program that specializes in a particular field?

In addition, there are plenty of other factors to consider, including:

4) How long you want to be in school?
5) If you want to work while you're in school?
6) The cost and possible scholarships available?

Once you've defined as many of these variables as possible, then it should be easier for you to find schools that match your parameters.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ManjushriNarendra » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 pm
1) Is there a particular industry or company that you want to work for/in? ---> No
2) Is there a particular career path that you want to follow? ---> No
3) Are you looking for a program that specializes in a particular field? ----> No

In addition, there are plenty of other factors to consider, including:

4) How long you want to be in school? ---> preferably 1 year but even a 2 year program is okay
5) If you want to work while you're in school? -----> No
6) The cost and possible scholarships available? ---> Scholarship required.

I have searched for schools many times but could not decide where to apply. Request few suggestions..
How about INSEAD?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 pm
Hi ManjushriNarendra,

It's really not my place to recommend a school/program to you; I offered those questions as a way for YOU to define what you're looking for so that it would be easier to find it.

You mention INSEAD; what about that program interests you? If those factors can be found in other programs, then you might want to consider those other programs too.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:58 am
Hi Manjushri,

You would definitely need to answer a few more questions, not just for the sake of essays, but to define your post-MBA path as well.

You've mentioned, you "could" get a decent score. Are you still looking to sit for the GMAT? How have you been faring in the mock tests. It's always better to assess options once you have a GMAT score. We can obviously help you in this case if you need. Find more here: https://www.genedmba.com/services/gmat-preparation/

As far as your profile goes, you do have strong credentials. I'd obviously need to know more, but by the looks of it, some of the top schools could fall in the "target" category. We have had vast experience helping Indian candidates get admits to top US schools, as well as ISB. We'll need to brainstorm a lot to finalize options, and we have specific counseling sessions for that.

Get in touch with us if you need help! R2 deadlines are around the corner.

All the Best!
ManjushriNarendra wrote:Hi all,
Stories posted here have been a great source of motivation for me. I could score a decent 710 (92%tile) on my D day.
verbal - 39 (89%tile)
Quant - 49 (79%tile)
IR - 6; AWA - 4.5

I am an Indian female & have +6 years of experience in the Petrochemical Manufacturing.
Can you please suggest which schools should I apply.. a good scholarship money is a prerequisite...
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:37 pm
verbal - 39 (89%tile)
Quant - 49 (79%tile)
IR - 6; AWA - 4.5

Hi Manjushri

I would strongly suggest you to work on your career gaols first and then go about shortlisting your schools. Its very important you align your career/future goals to the kind of schools you look into.

Let us know if you have any further queries and we would be happy to advice.
www.manyagroup.com

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:16 pm
verbal - 39 (89%tile)
Quant - 49 (79%tile)
IR - 6; AWA - 4.5

Hi,

Fee free to give our free algorithm a try. It should help you get a sense of what schools to target.
https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mb ... algorithm/

Good luck with your application !

Vincent
Vincent Ho-Tin-Noe (HBS '13)
CEO and co-founder
MBA Admissions Advisors LLC
www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com

Get an immediate assessment of your odds at top MBA programs, try our algorithm for free: https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/mb ... algorithm/

Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:45 am
Hi ManjushriNarendra,
You didn't provide many details so it's hard to recommend a school for you, but if you want to take into consideration the school's areas of academic strength and target specific industry, I recommend you go over this page to learn about schools' specializations: https://www.aringo.com/MBA_specializations.htm