HELP for 2013 Fall admission to HEC/ ESSEC general Query!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Respected Sir/Mada'm,
I am really sorry for contacting you like this in an informal way, but I sincerely seek some advice or help. I am a prospective student for Fall admission to HEC Paris, ESCP Europe for the program Masters in Management yet to finalize on EMLyon and other colleges participating in SAI.

My profile-
Bachelors in Electronics from PEC University of Technology (A decent college in India),
Very Good Extra Currics, secretary of a club and got a college color for the same.
Two internships, 2months during the summer at IIT Roorkee(Worked on optimization algortihms) and semester training in CEERI, Pilani.(Worked on a face recognition project).
CGPA-9.1/10 and confident enough(based on mock tests) to land up near 700+ mark. Awarded, scholarships for being a topper covering tuition fees.
Started working this year in Deloitte this June, so would have 1 year work ex on joining.

I have two queries regarding the same. First of all it is a three round process out of which I am looking to apply to either the First one (Deadline - 18th Oct.) or The Second one (Deadline- 17th January). Now the first round is earmarked for people, having 700+ GMAT score. Now I am confident enough that I would get a 700+ score but here are some slight but important queries I have, and would be grateful to you for answering them-

1) I have recently graduated, and working in Deloitte one of the Big Four Professional Services firms for the past 2 months. (Started in June,2012). What I Believe is that if I apply to the second round I would have a much better Work experience to answer to the interviewing panel, also it would show some tangible work experience on my application rather than only 2-3 months. Also, I believe if I apply to second round, all the main 700+ scorers would be eliminated from my competition and I might have a better chance in this as, I believe in the first round candidates with a solid work experience apply and I don't have that.Now my query is that are my doubt well founded or it does not matter as far as this aspect is concerned for applying in either first or second round?

2) For my tuition fees, I am really dependent on the HEC Merit based Scholarship/ ESSEC Excellence based scholarship and would be interested to know, Do I affect my chances of getting it in case I apply in the second round? As I fear it maybe favored to those who apply in First Round (The one's who have 700+ score on GMAT). So If I have a stellar score on GMAT and a very good academic performance in previous degree 9.1/10 GPA (Which is a key factor for this scholarship), would I have equal likelihood of getting the scholarship?
3) My previous internships were in a research industry, so does that affect my chances and where should I get my two letter of recommendations. Professors during my internship and training/ Professors at University/ Some corporate guy at deloitte.

I would be really grateful to you for your help as I am a fresher and new to this area. If you can tell me something important for EDHEC, ESSEC or ESCP then I would be more than grateful.
With regards,