590 What to do?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

590 What to do?

by whoisrohit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:33 am
Hi.

Today i have given my GMAT and got a 590 Q48 and V24. I am planning to apply for colleges in singapore i.e. NUS,SMU and Nanyang. Do i stand any chances?

My GPA is 3.4 and have a experience of 2.5 yrs and by the time i will join a B school i will be completing 3 yrs. Extra curricular is OK.

Kindly help

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by overtime » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am
I actually know of someone with a 590 score who got into SMU. Mind you, although NUS, NTU and SMU ask for 600 in GMAT, their mean GMAT is much higher.

If you are interested in SMU, there is a site that is quite informative: Site Link

by target_mba2010 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 pm
Hi,

This is arpit and I am pleased to tell you that I have exactly the same profile as yours including the GMAT score ;).I have also been doing research on various MBA programs.The feedback I have got so far is that writing GMAT again is in the best interest as the score as well as the experience is on a lower side.Meanwhile, I am attending the QS World MBA Tour in Delhi next weekend.Many top B Schools are part of it.If you wish to register,here is the address-
https://www.topmba.com/mba-tour-detail/D ... nerid=2955

Do let me know your research too.

Thanks,
Arpit

by whoisrohit » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:10 pm
Hi Arpit,

Even i got the same reply till now. I am not sure whether i should wait for another year or not. I will get some decent colleges on this score also. But not what i wished for. So lets see what to do next.

Thanks for the information and i have registered for mumbai tour. Keep in touch my id is [email protected]

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit