Notre Dame
Indiana Univ.
Boston Univ.
LBS
Cambridge
Duke
Bapson college

My profile goes like this:
MS: San Jose State Univ, GPA= 3.94 (Part time)
BE: Osmania Univ, GPA= 3.8
GMAT= 650 (Q= 48, V= 31, AWA= 4.5)
Work Exp.
Systems Designer at SanDisk for 4 yrs.
Director, SPEC. Construction company in India, family owned.Working since 4 yrs (part time, in parallel to work at SanDisk)
Vice Chairman, Engineering College,India. (2 yrs, also in parallel)

Community service:

JA, at Pomorey Elementary school.
Raised funds for providing clear water .
Active political campaigner in India.

MBA purpose:
Bring in a corporate atmosphere at SPEC. My exp.at SanDisk along with MBA can serve the purpose.
Expand SPEC, and venture into other businesses such as healthcare in India. Learn to develop and present business proposals to fund projects and manage the same.
Continue and expand community service.

Can you please also suggest other schools tht may suite my profile?

Thanks,
Prashanth

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:46 pm
You seem to posess a good number of key qualities b-schools will be looking for and have several levels of schools in your target, a good idea in the current competitive environment. Make sure you are applying in rounds 1 or 2 if you can, since you will be competing against applicants with similar backgrounds, yet posting higher GMAT and more work expereince. Really think through how you think you stand out amongst your peers. There are historically a lot of Indian applicants to US b-schools, so you must really go the extra mile in appearing different. Long term goals of helping with healthcare in India, for example comes up a lot and will sound fairly common--think of ways to make your story stand out and you will have the best shot. Good luck.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options