which MBA program: Please advise

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

which MBA program: Please advise

by omegan3 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:23 am
Hi friends,

I need some guidance from you.

I got 500 (Q28, V31) on my 1st GMATPrep CAT, and just starting the actual prep. Intending a 6 month study as I can only spare 2-3 hrs/day. What year class should I be looking to aim at? Fall 2018, Spring 2019?

I need to look for a full scholarship (regardless of university rank). Is it doable? How can I go about it?

I'd be grateful for your time. Thank you.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by EduSimplified » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:32 pm
Hi there,
Well since you're just starting your GMAT prep you might be late for Fall 2018. If you can advance your GMAT and target second round applications? Alternatively you can prepare your applications side-by-side.
For 100% scholarships you definitely need a really good gmat score and a very distinguished profile. A lot will be clear when you have your GMAT score. Its always difficult until its done. Best of Luck.

Best,

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by omegan3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 am
EduSimplified wrote:Hi there,
Well since you're just starting your GMAT prep you might be late for Fall 2018. If you can advance your GMAT and target second round applications? Alternatively you can prepare your applications side-by-side.
For 100% scholarships you definitely need a really good gmat score and a very distinguished profile. A lot will be clear when you have your GMAT score. Its always difficult until its done. Best of Luck.

Best,
Dear EduSimplified,

Thank you for your feedback.

I work full time but I can have the month of December off. Can I do the applications (and other non-GMAT stuff) during those 4 weeks and target round 2?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by EduSimplified » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:38 pm
Hi,
Well the more time you have the better. Writing your application needs a lot of introspection and hence, is a relative process. You can put a structure around it but will still depend a lot on how much you know yourself. Do the best you can with the time you have. Maintain a log and keep writing down your answers to most basic questions such as :
Why MBA?
Why a particular school?
Post MBA goals - short term and long term?
Dream Job : Break it down into Industry, Function and Geography

Just by a quick google search you'll find plethora of such questions. If you keep exercising this in your free time, you will have less work load in December. Hope this helps.

Best,