Kndly evaluate my profile..

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:590

Kndly evaluate my profile..

by aj.mervin » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:30 am
Hi Lisa,
This is Mervin from India and I have graduted from Anna University and my score in my undergraduate is around 7.1 and my gmat score is 720. I'm working for Wipro Technologies for the past 5 months as a software engineer and previously I was working for Vinznet Technologies for around 10 months as a Team lead. I came for this job cos of the company's brand name as it is standing the third best software company in India.

-I have references from my previous companies CEO where I have made a revenue of $200,000 which acounts to about 10% of the overall profit of the company. this was actually a huge success for a fresher i think.

-My college head of the department cos I'm her pet obviously cos I used to conduct and organize all the functions that took place in our department and also in college level.

-Has attended many workshops and seminars and I have submitted a paper on Biotechnology.

-I have completed Bachelors of Technology in Industrial Biotechnology but now I have landed in a software job. I think this would be my weeker part in the application.

I'm planning to apply for some colleges which are somewhere in top 35.
I'm looking forward for your suggestions and what would the colleges think after reviewing my application. Kindly reply as soon as possible..

Regards,
Mervin.
Keep Rocking,
Mervin.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am
Dear Mervin,

I think you have a competitive profile for a top 40 school. Like any other software engineer from India, you will need to find a way to distinguish yourself from the other Indian engineers. Try to highlight your accomplishments, contributions, and managerial skills in your essays and resume. It is also important to have defined career goals and a rationale for how an MBA fits into your career plans.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me