Texas A&M Essay Question

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Texas A&M Essay Question

by avada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 am
Discuss your three most significant professional accomplishments. Why do you view them as such?

This essay seems to be fairly short considering the amount of content it covers. I am using stories for each of the three accomplishments. Should they brief and the bulk of my writing address my viewing them as accomplishments? or should the analysis be 2 sentences or so and the story be the focus of the writing

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members
GMAT Score:740

by ivyctor2010 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 am
You are on track here. You should briefly mention what the accomplishment was and why it was an accomplishment. You may wish to use the SACI framework.

S: Situation: what was the situation in this project. Was there a crises, a conflict, a challenge, a problem? If so what was it and what was the requirement
A: Action: What were the actions you took? Your exact contribution, describe this in detail as it will become a crucial part of your essays
CI: Conclusion/Impact: What was the quantifiable impact of this project. How many Rupee worth of Revenue your project bought in, what was percentage improvement in efficiency or productivity. How much cost in crores or millions did you save in a specified period of time? How many people's lives did you affect and how?

Writing accomplishments in this framework makes essays smooth and glitch free for the reader to read and your points get conveyed clearly and concisely.
Ivyctor Mobile App packed with school selection, scholarship, application management and alumni connect
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=en